Saturday, February 13, 2010

My new targets:

Creativity:
My piano teachers are having a concert in mid June and all their students re performing. He told me today that i have to sing. i have never sung before, alone. this will be with a boy but i don't know him and i don't know how well he can sing. I have to practice singing and sing at the concert, and as i joined the choir i will be able to ask those teachers to help me improve my voice. This will include collaboration as well as alot of perseverence to get the performance right. Also my piano teacher wants me to do the grade 3 theory exam before october this year. I will skip grades 1 and 2 as they are very simple.This is a new challenge i am undertaking as i have never studied theory and i will be sitting an exam in it soon.

Action: Track is starting in two weeks and i haven't run competitively in about 8 months so i really need to start running and improving my speed. my events are normally 100 and 200 metres but you need t be able to do three events-jumping, throwing running etc and i have NO experince with jumping except i did long jump once about 3 years ago so this should be interesting! My aim is to improve my time for 100 metres and 200 metres. This will also include alot of commitment and time and effort. The jumping will include a new challenge i will have undertaken.

Service: My friend's mother asked me to teach english to some girls my age from an orphanage she works with. They have just fininshed their O Levels and are waiting for their results so she teaches them english everyday and asked me to meet them.

I am one of the leaders of the Alzheimer's elective in school and i really want to do more than the last two leaders did. they did a good job but my aim is to do even better and be more successful with the fundraisers. This will include planned and initiated activities and working collaboratively with others.

Recently more children have started coming to the convent on saturdays to learn english so i have alot more people in my group. I have become aware of my strengths and weaknesses as a teacher through the reactions of my students and how they perform in their tests. i also know what the areas i need to improve in are regarding the effectiveness of my explanations. My aim is to teach them all the alphabet and get the more advanced kids to start writing proper sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment