Monday, November 16, 2009

Instruments

Piano: I started playing the piano when i was six, and I did grades 1, 2 and 3. I don't enjoy getting all stressed because of exams, i just enjoy playing the piano. I would like to start again and I have already found a teacher so i need to fit the lessons into my week. I would like to do a minimum of an hour a week, but i will have to practice for at least half an hour a day, which is easy as I have a piano at home. I also want to improve my sight-reading as i am someone who plays by ear, and although this can come in useful sometimes, i think it would be more beneficial to myself if i could pick up some music and be able to play it. I would also like to learn some theory as i have (naturally) forgotten all the theory I learnt when i was younger.

Guitar: My mother and my sister play the guitar, so there is already one at home. There are many books on how to learn to play the guitar, so I might just pick up one of those and learn some chords etc. I would prefer this to getting a teacher as I can learn at my own pace without any pressure. I played the guitar for a while a few years ago in school, so i know a few chords, but that's about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment