Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Piano

Practical: Although i officially stopped playing the piano (having lessons) i have continued to play at home. I found that i learn better on my own and the only aspect of playing piece of music that i need help with is the tone.

I have also improved in sight reading -ALOT! Before i started playing on my own at home, my sight reading was abysmal. Now i can easily read pieces on my old exam books.

I have learnt a few new pieces, namely the first and second movements of the moonlight sonata, Tristesse and i am starting to learn the Hungarian dance and swan lake.

Moonlight sonata 2nd movement:





















I am very happy with my progress.


Me playing the piano:



















Theory:

I had my theory exam 5 days ago and i am satisfied with my effort. I thjink i should have spent more time learning the italian terms as i learnt them in the car on the way to the exam so i was disappointed at my lack of organisation.

BUT i am happy it is over as i prefer playing and can concentrate on that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment